Five big trends in home decor
Thanks to websites like Houzz and Pinterest and TV networks like
HGTV and DIY, it's easier than ever to keep up with home decorating
trends and find inspiration for improving your own home. Here are five
of the top current interior design trends.
- Screen-free rooms: After a long day of using your smartphone and
computer, it can feel amazing to come home and take a technology break.
More and more, homeowners are creating specific screen-free
rooms-perhaps a library, craft room, or listening room-where you can
escape from technology for a while.
- Upholstered headboards: What if you could feel like you were
sleeping in a luxury hotel bed every night? The bedding and mattress are
an important part of that experience, but so is the aesthetic and
comfort of an upholstered headboard.
- Earth tones: Natural colors have become increasingly popular,
especially deep greens. It's a great way to bring some of nature's
colors indoors, whether as an accent wall, in blankets and pillows, or
- Black stainless steel: If you want a sleek, contemporary kitchen,
black stainless steel is even more of a statement than traditional
- Patterned fabrics: While solid upholstery will never go out of
style, patterns have become trendy of late. It's an easy way to make a
bold, eye-catching statement in your living space.